Saturday 2 August 2014

Fairytale forest

I've been spending a lot of time in the forest in the past couple of days. This is partly because the berry / mushroom picking season is starting but it's also because I'm a huge nerd. I am a serious (and when I say serious, I mean serious) fan of Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit, Skyrim and just fantasy in general and if you've read those books (or seen the movies) or played Skyrim you know a lot of those stories take place in big forests. There's just something magical about forests, and I love being in them. Walking through a beautiful forest is even better if you listen to some kind of celtic music, it seriously feels like you're on a quest in a fantasy game of something!
I thought I'd share some photos I've taken on my daily hikes through my local forest. The quality of them are not that good since I took them with my iPhone but nevertheless I hope you feel some of the magic while looking at these photos. (It's even more magical if you listen to this song while scrolling through them ;))




8 comments:

  1. Your forest looks amazing, so peaceful. I think the nearest thing to a forest I have is a tree in my neighbours garden!

    ohhellojo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, that's sad :( forests really are the greatest thing ever :)

      Delete
  2. wow these pictures are so pretty! I also live near a forest which I love going exploring in haha:) My blog is a little similar to yours and it would really mean a lot if you checked mine out and maybe left a comment on what you think of it?xx

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :P
      Yeah, I'll check out your blog (:

      Delete
  3. Theses are great photos, I'd love to be there!!

    blushhx.blgspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete